Video 1. Adding Tasks.
Creating a Task
- Double-click the Tasks icon on the Toolbar (you can also click the Plus button on the Toolbar and select Tasks)
- When the Assets Panel appears, click the Plus button on the bottom right corner
- If you've been assigned to a Team, your Team and corresponding color will appear in the Team field; if not, you can select your own Team via the dropdown menu
- Type the Title
- Add a Link (optional)
- Type in a Description (optional, but can be mandatory by admin)
- Type a number to specify crew size in the People field (optional, but can be made mandatory by admin)
- Type the duration of the Task in the Days field (if you leave it alone, it will default to a one-day Task)
- Click Save to save the information and keep the Task Editor open or Save & Close to save the information and return to Assets Panel
- Drag and drop your Task to the desired date or week on the Pull Plan
Figure 1. Opening the Assets Panel and creating a Task.
✏️ Note: To quickly create a new Task, double-click on the Pull Plan to have the Task Editor appear.
Removing and Deleting a Task
To remove a Task that has been dropped into the Plan:
- Click on the Task.
- Press the Delete or Backspace buttons on your keyboard.
Additionally, you can use the Context Menu to remove the Task (see Figure 2):
- Click on the Task
- Select the three-dot menu
- Click the "delete" Trash icon
Either of these actions will preserve the Task in the Inbox for you to replan them elsewhere in the Workspace.
Figure 2. Deleting via Context Menu
However, to completely delete the Task, you must use the following steps:
- Open the Task Editor for any Task
- Click on the Trash icon on the top right
You can also delete all Tasks currently in the Task Inbox (see Figure 3):
- Open the Assets Panel
- Click on the Tasks section to open the Task Inbox
- Click on the three-dot menu on to the right of the search bar in the Task Inbox
- Click on Delete Tasks in the dropdown menu
Figure 3. Delete all Tasks in the Task Inbox.