Video 1. Updating Task Status.
Once your Tasks are on the Pull Plan, you can status them. There are four different states that Hoylu Tasks can be moved into:
- Unplanned, shown with a dotted circle, which still allows you to move and edit Tasks to different days, weeks, or Swimlanes without any effect on PPC,
- Planned, shown with a calendar icon, which you can still move and edit Tasks as needed, but will begin to count toward both weekly and overall PPC,
- Committed, shown with a padlock, which locks the Task on that specific day and blocks you from making any changes within the Task Editor,
- Completed, which is denoted with a light gray status and a check mark,
- and Incomplete, which is denoted with a darker gray status and an X.
Figure 1. Statusing a Task.
✏️ Note: Admins of the Workspace are able to jump back and forth between states as needed, but non-admins have to follow this sequence of planned -> committed -> complete or incomplete. Hoylu will warn you if you are not following the correct sequence.
When marking a Task as Incomplete, there are several things that can happen.
- Click on the Status button of a Task
- Click on Incomplete
- Select a Variance Reason
- Move the duplicated Task to another day
- Double click to edit the Task if you need to change the crew size or reduce the duration
- Click the Save and Close button
Figure 2. Incomplete Tasks.
You can always return to the original incomplete Task by double-clicking it to add any Outcome Notes if you want to be more specific than the Variance Reason.
Figure 3. Adding any Outcome Notes.