Video 1. Add and Set Up Swimlanes.
To better organize your project and create separate sections for each project area, you can create additional Swimlanes within one Pull Planning Workspace as long as you are an admin of the Workspace (or if your admin has allowed you to do so).
- On the Plan Settings Bar in the top center of your Pull Plan, click on the three-dot menu
- Click on Settings
- Expand the Swimlane Settings section
- Click the Add Swimlane button
- Choose a distinct color for your Swimlane
- Type in a Swimlane Name
- Add a Swimlane Label by typing into the field or click the double arrows between the Name and Label fields (optional)
- Click the Create button
Figure 1. Adding a Swimlane from the Plan Settings Bar.
Swimlane Settings and Shortcuts
You can always return to the Plan Settings to modify the Swimlanes, but you can also do it directly from the Swimlane bars on the left side of the Pull Plan, where you can find more options to help you organize your Tasks.
Figure 2. Additional Swimlane settings.
- If you're no longer using a Swimlane but still want the data from the Tasks that sit in it, use Collapse so you can shorten your Plan and improve navigation.
- Change the orientation of your Swimlanes by using the Move Up and Move Down options.
- If you have a hard time seeing all your Tasks, use Remove Overlaps, Clean Up, or Clean Up (compact) to have Hoylu organize all your Tasks in that Swimlane.
- Use Add Above and Add Below to insert new Swimlanes on the fly.
- Use Settings to get back to the main Swimlane Settings in the Plan Menu Bar.
- Delete the Swimlane if you no longer need it, but remember it will remove all Tasks in that Swimlane and return them to your Task Inbox in the Assets Panel.
Figure 3. Swimlane options.
Video 2. Swimlane Settings.
Adding Milestones (BETA)
Milestones will now function very similarly to Tasks in that you now have additional fields for more details and you will be able to status the Milestones. You will also be able to use them at the very top of the Plan (so the same diamond icon will appear in each swimlane) or within the swimlanes themselves.
Figure 4. Drag and drop a new Milestones.
- Drag and drop a Milestone to a desired date of the Pull Plan
- Select a Team (optional)
- Add a description (optional)
- Change the due date (optional)
- Click Save and Close