Insights Panel - Reporting (Charts)
To Access the Insights Panel:
1. Select the Insights Panel Icon on the Plan Menu Bar.
Additionally for a specific week view you can:
1. Click on the PPC %, crew size tally or task tally at the top of an open or closed week.
2. You will now see charts
1. Click the three-dot menu at the top of the pull plan
2. Select "Open in Insights Panel"
Figure: Opening a Report
Stats in the Hoylu Insights Panel will give you a quick overview of the number of Tasks on the Project, the overall PPC (Percent Planned Complete) for the project, as well as the total Effort or days planned on the entire project.
Charts Options (Task Type, Variance Reason, PPC(Percent Planned Complete)
1. Select the drop-down next to the word Charts on the report
2. Select the type of report you'd like to view
Figure: Changing Reports
Note: The ability to set a task to complete early or late requires a variance reason, and it updates the PPC accordingly
Change Report View:
1. Select the arrow under the right view to change By Week or By User.
Figure: Changing Report View
Crew Management Summary in Weekly Work Plan
Overall Lane summarizes how many days of total activity and how many crew members would be on site.
Via your Insights Panel in your Pull Planning Module, select Weekly Work Plan. You can add and remove Swimlanes and filter through the trade type.
Crew Size Charts
This chart summarizes the assigned people over time or per trade.
Via your Insights Panel, you’re now able to see six new labels – Crew Warning, People Not Set, People Set, Past – Warning, Past – Not Set, and Past – Set.
This gives you the ability to look at your current crew sizes, or view past crew sizes on dates that have passed.
Export Chart as CSV.
To export a Chart as CSV.
1. Open the Insights Panel as instructed above.
2. Then Select the CSV. button in the lower right hand corner of the Chart window.
3. You then will have the option to adjust filters as needed. Select Export when ready.
3a. There is an additional option you can select, "Save as preset" to be able to quickly access the same filters for future CSV. exports.
CSV. Connection Exports
In our December release, we've added some advanced features to allow users to export information on the connections in a plan separately.
To complete this new export feature, simply:
1) Click on the Insights Panel
2) Open the CSV Options
3) Scroll down to the bottom where you'll find "Also export Connection information (separate CSV file) and enable by tagging to on.
4) Once you toggle to turn on the feature, six additional fields will open. These are already auto-filled based on your plan's current data. If you decide you don't want to utilize one of the fields, you can simply delete the field. You also have the ability to customize the headers in the right column.
5) If you believe this is an export you'd like to use often, you can also select "Save as preset" before exporting.
Additionally, we understand many other tools use a 20 character Task ID. At Hoylu, we used 32 characters for the Task IDs. Now, if you choose, you can enable the feature to shorten the Hoylu Task IDs to 20 characters. To do so:
1) Open your Insights Panel
2) Open the CSV Option,
3) Click on the gear icon found in the upper right corner of the box. A new pop-up box will appear.
4) Toggle the button to enable the shortened Task ID.
Want to learn about Weekly Work Plans? Read more here.