How can I edit permissions?
If you want to set and edit permissions to a Workspace you've created, select Share on your Workspace.
Figure 1: Share
If your Workspace is shared and you have default settings applied to the Workspace, it will be accessible to anyone who has the link or the 9-digit ID for the Workspace.
Figure 2: Default Settings
To learn how to Share your Workspace with a 9-digit ID, see this article.
You can also apply a password to the Workspace to limit the people who have access.
Figure 3: Password Set
You can decide what rights to assign to users. From a drop-down list you can choose:
- Everyone can edit – all users will be able to add/edit/remove content in your Workspace,
- Everyone can read only – all users will be able to only view content in your Workspace,
- Everyone cannot access – this will make your workspace basically private, all users that have been granted access before will not be able to join anymore.
Figure 4: Edit Permissions
You can assign permissions individually.
1. Go to Share settings.
2. Choose the Multiperson Icon.
3. Add the specific users to the Workspace Permissions by Selecting the Add Users button.
4. Confirm User by selecting Add with Access button.
Figure 5: Adding User with Access
5. You can also change permission types by Selecting the type of access you'd like to grant to individual users.
Figure 6: Setting Individual Preferences
✏️Note: Inserting an email address that is not registered as a free account or higher on Hoylu will not be eligible for individual permission preferences set and will not populate in the Permission settings.
Want to register for a free account? Click here!