Creating your Workspace
When creating a PI Planning Workspace, you will need to decide on a title for the Workspace and how many Iteration columns you need. This should be established prior to confirmation of the new Workspace as you will not be able to change it in the future.
To Create a New PI Workspace:
1. Select the PI Planning Module from the list of available Workspaces on your Dashboard.
2. Create the Name of your Workspace.
3. Set the number of Iterations needed.
4. Select Continue.
Figure 1: Creating the PI Workspace
How to Edit the Iteration, Capacity, Load, and Date Titles
If you want to change the default titles of the columns,
1. Use either the Lasso or Harpoon Selection Tools to unlock the titles.
2. Use the Text Tool to either edit the text, add to it, or change its color.
(Click here to view our article on Locking Objects the Background.)
Figure 2: Unlocking Objects/Text from the Background.
When setting up a new PI Planning Module from your Dashboard, you will be prompted with a Create Workspace popup asking for a Title and the number of Iterations. You'll have the option to have between 3-6 iteration fields. (Refer back to Figure 1.)
Editing Column Headers
While using the PI Plan Module's columns, Tickets will snap to grid for optimal organization.
1. Select a ticket.
2. Drag and drop the Ticket into the column of your choice.
If you set your iterations but find you are running out of space try adding an additional PI Module to the right of the original!
For optimal planning you can use the blank pages around the Module to prep and organize tickets.
Importing and Mapping a .CSV file
1. Save your file as a .CSV or directly from your tool (like VersionOne, JIRA, etc)
2. Navigate to your PI Planning Workspace (you must have this Module added - contact your account manager for more information).
3. Click on the Import Tool and drag and drop.
Figure 3: Importing a .CSV File.
When reimporting an updated .CSV into a Workspace that houses a previous version of the .CSV, the Tickets will automatically update, so you don't need to reorganize them from the Ticket Inbox on the right side of your Toolbox.
Mapping the Fields
Once you have imported your .CSV, the Field Pop-up will appear. This box allows you to verify your tickets' conditions prior to loading into your Inbox.
1. You will want to confirm the conditions are as needed.
2. You can match the fields with the titles or headers of your .CSV, or you can also change them based off your preference. However, you will always need an ID number.
Figure 4: Field Pop-up and PI Inbox.
Working with Tickets
1. Click and drag the "pin" at the top of a sticky note or ticket to another pin will create a dependency line between them.
2. They can be further customized by clicking on the line itself to change its shape and color.
Submenu to change color, ticket details, delete.
1. Selecting the submenu on a ticket you will be able to change color, details, or delete the ticket you've selected.
Figure 5: Dependence Line between Tickets and How to Edit Them.
When you delete a Ticket, it will be sent back to your Inbox. If you no longer need the Ticket you can permanently delete it from your inbox view.
1. Click on the Ticket.
2. Open the Menu.
3. Select the Delete icon at the bottom of the menu.
Figure 6: Deleting a Ticket in a PI Plan.