Built alongside a SAFe Agile Coach, Hoylu’s PI Planning Template gives you everything you need to kick off your multi-day PI Planning event quickly.
- From the Dashboard, select the red from Template tile in the Create Workspace section.
- In the Templates pop-up, select the Agile & Lean tab.
- Select PI Planning and click Create.
- Title your Workspace and click Create.
Customizing the Layout
- Review the Workspace and decide what portions of the layout you need to edit like the number of teams and iterations.
- To customize any headers or titles, double-click on the words and begin typing
- You can do this for the Team Names and Iterations of the Program Board as well as for the Team Name banners in the Team Spaces.
- If you’re using either our Jira or Agility integration, make sure your Board, Column, and Section Labels match the fields that you normally use in either Jira or Agility.
- Review and/or add any additional Bookmarks by clicking into Overview Mode.
- Decide if you want to use the color coding legend found in Team 1’s Backlog Column. If not, either delete or modify it.
- If you use Sprints instead of Iterations, make sure you click into the Column Settings to change the name. (See the Agile Board article for more detailed instructions.)
Note: Make sure you click the double arrows between the Column Title and the Column Label to make sure both match.
- Add any additional content you want or need to the Workspace, like presentation slides to the Document Drop area.
- Edit the Agenda panels to fit your schedule.
- Delete the PI Planning flow instructions in the pink circles.
- Review the changes you’ve made and then use any Selection Tool and the Context Menu to lock titles and headers to the background. (See how to Lock to the Background here for a refresher.)
Note: Make sure you lock down only the titles and headers and none of the Objective text boxes and BV/AV boxes so you and your team can still double-click and edit them.
Imported Tickets & Smart Labels
If you use Jira or Agility and can take advantage of our Integrations (see the instructions for importing Jira Tickets or Agility Tickets), you can take advantage of the organization capabilities of Smart Labels.
- Double click any of the imported Tickets.
- Click on the gears icon on the top right. (You must be an admin to see this icon.)
- Choose which fields you want visible on the detailed popup and which labels you want visible on the Ticket view.
- Make sure you turn on the field that will match the column and/or section labels you’ve chosen for your team boards.
- Close the pop-ups.
- After turning on the additional labels, locate the label that has an additional new arrow on any imported Ticket.
- Click on the label.
Decide which Team Board, Column, and/or Section you would like Hoylu to place this ticket and select that on the dropdown.
- Click the checkbox if you want to do a bulk move.
- Be strategic with which items you import so you can use this functionality.