Great for planning work in either blocks of time or tracking by status, Hoylu’s Agile Boards provide an intuitive column-by-column structure to organize lists of tickets or sticky notes.
Setting Up an Agile Board
- Login to your Dashboard.
- In the “Create Workspace” section, select Agile Planning.
- After naming your Workspace and selecting your preset from the dropdown, click Continue.
Note: If you want to track work by progress or status, select the Kanban preset because it provides you with “To-Do,” “Doing,” and “Done” as default columns. If you want to track your work by time blocks such as sprints or iterations, select PI Planning.
Once your Workspace loads, you can change the overall Board settings by looking for the Board Title Bar on the top left side of the board and clicking on the column icon.
- Modify the color and title of the Board and add a label to sticky notes that you add to the Board.
- Lock down settings so only admins are able to change the settings and collapse/expand the columns.
- Decide if you want a condensed form of tickets when the columns are collapsed.
- Decide if you want to color code your tickets based off the Section color for visual organization.
- Decide how long you want your columns to be (minimum of 1 page to a maximum of 10 pages).
- Customize how your Insights Panel will present your data by deciding on what the Column and Sections of your Board represent.
- Decide which labels you would like to be visible on the tickets in your Board.
You can change the Column settings by clicking on the middle Title Bar and clicking on the column icon.
- Change the color, title, and label of the Column.
- Add a description, date, or anything else so it will appear just beneath the Column when it is collapsed.
- Decide how you want the elements to sit in the Column by manipulating the Element Placement Dropdown.
Add, remove, and modify the color, title, label, and sequence of each Section in the Column.
- Click on the pencil icon on the right of each listed Section to edit, add descriptions, set a ticket limit, and make one specific Section the default for elements to drop into when the Column is collapsed.
Note: You can also change the Section settings by clicking on the Title or Label of the Section.
Opening, Closing, and Saving the Board
- Click on the plus (+) button on the right hand side of the Board to add more Columns with the exact same customizations.
- Use the arrow icons to the left of each Column to either collapse or expand the Columns.
- If you want to save the entire Board as a preset to use multiple times in the same Workspace, click on the “Save Current Board” icon in the Board Settings Menu.
Note: If you want to copy this Board’s structure to another workspace, click on the “Copy Layout Style” icon on the Board Settings Menu and paste it to the other Workspace using either your right click or your keyboard shortcut (Ctrl/Command + V).
Using the Agile Board
Adding and Moving Content
- Drag and drop objects directly into the desired column.
- Draw connections between the objects to show different relationships like upstream or downstream dependencies.
- Click and drag objects to other Columns or Sections as needed.
Depending on what Labels you have active, you can use the Labels themselves to move Sticky Notes or Tickets between multiple Boards, Columns, and Sections in the same Workspace.
- Check Board Settings and make sure you have Board, Column, and Section Labels turned on.
- Click on any of the Placement Labels.
- Browse the Label Menu that appears.
- Choose and click the new Label in which you want the object to be moved.
Hoylu can help you condense and organize the data from your Agile Board in the Insights Panel and create custom reports relevant to your needs.
To access the Agile Board Insights Panel, click on the pie chart icon next to the Board Title.
- The top of the Insights Panel will show you what types of objects (Sticky Notes, Text Boxes, and imported Tickets from either Jira or Agility) are in your Board and how many there are.
Use the dropdown menus to sort what data is visualized in the pie chart and bar graphs.
- Use the search bar to type in keywords, and the pie chart and bar graphs will reflect to show you data related to only notes and tickets that have that keyword.
Toggle back and forth between Section and Column graphs by clicking on the left and right arrows to show two different types of data breakdowns.
You can change the names of the Sections and Columns in the Board Settings so you can better customize your report.
Adding Preset Boards
You can add multiple Boards to the same Workspace so you can give teams their own Boards, organize different projects, or separate blocks of time.
- Click on the Assets Panel.
- Click on Layouts.
- Click on the triple dot menu next to the Search bar.
- Click “Load Default…”
- Click and drag any of the presets that appear directly into the Workspace.
Note: Any Presets you save will appear in the Assets Panel, but will only be available in that specific Workspace.